Penfield Care Inc. is an international medical assistance and claims management company. We use an evidence-based approach to manage the delivery and cost of healthcare. Penfield Care was founded in 2012 and is a privately held corporation located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Our company was built on founding principles that include Transparency, Flexibility and Innovation.
Currently Penfield is seeking applications for:
Full Time – 1 Year Contract
This is a 1-year full time contract position reporting to the Director of IT & Solutions and working closely with the Project Lead. The Software Developer’s duties will focus on building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. The incumbent will be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures and working with users or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
· Design, code, and modify websites, from layout to function and according to the client's specifications.
· Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
· Developing API links from MS SQL database to ASP.Net web platform and third-party platforms.
· Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
· Direct system testing and validation procedures.
· Technical documentation development
· 5-7 years’ experience
· Sound functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
· Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
· Constant communication with colleagues.
· Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
· Strong grasp of security principles
· Experience with SHRED is a definite asset
Salary Range - $70 to 75K To apply for this position: Please forward your resume and cover letter to quoting Software Developer in the subject line. This competition closes on January 31st, 2020.
Please note that this position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Selected candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check.
Telephone inquiries WILL NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Penfield Care Inc. is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.